Vistra are working with a global fintech and venture building pioneer with headquarters in Manhattan Beach, CA & Tampa, Florida and with a presence across North America, Europe and Asia. They build new ventures in partnership with the world’s leading institutions. With their proven method, their technology solutions and their diverse team of management consultants, experienced entrepreneurs, venture capitalists and industry experts, they create, launch and scale new high-growth companies.
Genesis Project operates at the intersection of top-tier strategy consulting and corporate venture building, with an emphasis on innovation, technology and finance.
Due to their significant growth, we are looking for a number of new team members to join their Venture Team, ranging from entry level to team leaders. The roles would be based remotely with travel to Frankfurt and/or Munich for meetings.
Depending on your level of experience, you will be required to carry out a range of tasks as detailed below.
What you’ll do
- Work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary and international team
- Work closely with major institutions to develop a comprehensive understanding of their internal structure, value chain and industry ecosystem
- Map out relevant assets, frictions and trends to identify opportunities and formulate strategies for new ventures
- Create pitch decks and business cases for new ventures and opportunities that will be presented to C-Level executives of Fortune 500 companies
- Interview subject matter expects to gain a deep and up-to-date understanding of specific industries, asset classes, business models and regulations
- Build detailed financial models for new ventures from the ground up
- Synthesize and present key learnings to inform internal teams, external parties and management
- Plan and deliver new ventures, products and services
- Mobilize new venture models by defining the target state, commercial partnership construct and success criteria
- Adopt a lean start-up approach to build a minimum viable business and executing the go-ot-market strategy
- Outline key team roles and responsibilities across work streams
- Identify and engage required partners for regulatory requirements or support needs
- Continue to develop the investment business case, refine decks and pitch to potential investors
- Outline key performance, measurement and reporting frameworks
- Explore and define commercial partnership options with the client, considering alternative fee arrangements as appropriate
- Work with product and design leads, as well as clients, to align feature prioritization with go-to-market testing
- Facilitate the build and testing of operational processes, systems and reporting capabilities
- Implement an early feedback loop to enable continuous feedback, learning and iteration for ventures, products and services
- Monitor and report key business and customer success measures to clients, including regulatory reporting, celebrating successes and balancing opportunities for improvement
- Review service-level outcomes across support partners, ensuring accountability and providing feedback for change where required
- Mobilize follow-on release plans considering both the run and change aspects of the venture, balance value creation with quality of product and service
- Foster an environment of agile innovation and customer centricity
- Client Management
- Help strike the balance between clients’ needs and business requirements
- Ensure all perspectives are appropriately represented
- Business Development and IP Creation
- Contribute to business development before and throughout client engagements
- Create intellectual property, points of view and industry platforms
- Contribute to the development of thought leadership across a range of emerging business, technology and design topics
- Research and stay up-to-date on cutting edge finance and technology trends
- Participate in workshops with major corporations to identify exciting opportunity spaces
Sound like a role you could do or would like to develop in to being able to do? Do you meet the following criteria?
- Passionate and driven
- Possess great problem solving and communication skills
- Adaptable, dynamic and engaging
- Quick learner
- Fluent in English, with a knowledge of German being an advantage
- Ability to dive into research and synthesize findings in a concise, thoughtful and organized way
- Able to demonstrate a balance between analytical thinking and creativity
- A strong eye for visual communication and slide design
- Propensity to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions that address complex market dynamics
- Able to understand and communicate complex ideas
- Interested in innovation, venture building, technology and finance
- Willing to adapt to new roles and a desire to learn new skills to support a growing company
- Proficient with Google suite, especially Slides and Sheets; and
- Willing to travel
Those interested in the more senior roles, will also need to meet the following criteria:
- 2 – 10+ years of experience with strategy development, business planning, venture building or equivalent
- Leadership and accountability skills and experience
- Experience in a high-pressure start-up environment with exposure to multidisciplinary teams and/or involvement with a top-tier consulting firm
- Experience in market research and analysis to develop the following: market sizing, customer segmentation, go-to-market strategy, competitive analysis, regulatory strategy, product roadmap, customer journey, right-to-win, etc.
- Ability to build high-level financial models from the ground up
- Intuition about what makes a valuable product and successful business
If the above sounds like you or like something you would be suited to develop into, we want to hear from you!
Please submit your CV and covering letter via email, including your availability and desired salary expectations.