Who we are: Design,Bitches is an award wining, women owned multidisciplinary Architecture and Interior Design Studio founded in 2010 with a bold and irreverent vision to make architecture significant in daily life. In addition to a multitude of International accolades D,B has been listed as one of the AN Interior top 50 Interior Architecture firms for 3 years running. Design, Bitches values work/life balance and the value that balance brings to both the creative process and the well being of our entire team.
Job Description –Project Manager/Intermediate Architectural Designer:
Design, Bitches is looking for a well-rounded Project Manager / Intermediate Architectural Designer who is highly creative, driven and possesses strong technical skills. We are looking for an experienced candidate who has prior experience managing small teams and multiple small to medium sized projects simultaneously at all phases of the design process from concept through construction. Applicants should have the ability to translate design concepts into reality while simultaneously managing project workflows. The ability to shift gears seamlessly between a wide variety of tasks is a must. The ideal candidate for this position is a highly motivated, detail-oriented and cooperative problem solver with a strong work ethic and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
We offer the opportunity to engage in all aspects of an integrated practice and gain a varied creative experience. We offer the opportunity to align your long term career goals with a variety of projects and clients. We offer a stimulating and exciting team-oriented design environment where our employees are challenged to bring their best creative spirit to their work. We value and encourage mentorship and a collaborative, stable work environment.
D,B is committed to creating an inclusive environment and we give equal space for everyone to add to our collective culture. As such, all applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned based on merit without discrimination because of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or other non-merit factor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the broader team including firm Partners, design and execute multiple projects simultaneously from concept through completion
- Coordinate all project efforts to ensure effective project execution
- Provide design leadership and project management expertise with responsibility for client satisfaction
- Serve as a client and consultant contact and in coordination with consultants, produce and/or oversee the production of a full set of design drawings
- In collaboration with firm partners, implement project schedules & coordination with design fees monitoring them to ensure projects are on time and on budget
- Ensure fulfillment of all contractural requirements for professional services
- Work closely with clients and consultants to preserve design intent through Schematic Design (SD), Design Documentation (DD), Construction Documentation (CD) and Contract Observation (CA ) phases.
- Lead and effectively implement QA/QC standards
- Visit construction sites for regular field observation and to perform typical Contract Observation tasks
- Contribute practical knowledge of building codes, building materials, and construction knowledge
- Provide informal feedback, mentorship and guidance to junior designers and staff.
- Fluency in Revit and Enscape is a must. Additional fluency required in Autodesk and Adobe Suite programs; experience creating presentation materials
- Interest and passion for all scales of architectural design, from ground-up buildings to interiors, custom furniture & environmental graphics
- Desire to continually learn new skills
- Able to take direction and initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability to work quickly and effectively
- Professional degree in Architecture (BARCH, MARCH or both) from an accredited institution
- Path towards licensure is preferred
- 5 to 7 years of professional architectural experience
- Experience working with city agencies
- Experience in scheduling/staff workflow
- Experience coordinating consultants and managing a design team
- Highly proficient in creating presentation materials in Revit, Enscape, Rhino, AutoCAD & Adobe Creative Suite and construction documents in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment and executes obstacles and tight deadlines with a positive attitude
- Motivated, independent, flexible and cooperative problem solver with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills.
- Extremely organized, collaborative and reliable, and able to prioritize and change gears as required
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the ability to work in an office while adhering to COVID-19 safety protocols
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience, we offer competitive salaries and benefits to our entire team.
Benefits: Along with competitive salaries we offer generous benefits to eligible full-time employees including: a 401K plan with company matching, discretionary annual bonuses, annual discretionary Profit-sharing contributions, Medical insurance stipend, paid annual office closure days at the end of each calendar year, and flexible work from home options.
Please email your CV, portfolio sample of professional work (10MB max), salary requirements, US work status and availability to: [email protected] Please indicate “Project Manager / Intermediate Architectural Designer” in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls or office visits, please. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we are only able to respond to those we are interested in interviewing.