YG Construction & Development has been in the business of building prestige homes since 2009, focussed on delivering residential construction that lasts a lifetime.
Managing director Gad Peretz has always preferred to build with structural concrete because it is the most common form of construction in Europe, where he began his original studies in engineering. AFS Rediwall, a permanent formwork system from AFS Systems, has become his favourite construction method.
Explaining why concrete is his material of choice, Peretz says, “Concrete lasts a lifetime and provides a high quality and rewarding lifestyle. We know it offers protection from every weather condition; it provides insulation from noise and is structurally sound for at least one hundred years.”
“For me it is the way to build. You build it one time and it lasts forever, which is why I think concrete is the best and AFS is the best concrete system.”
Peretz is in the final stages of completing a large prestige home in Melbourne’s Ashwood using AFS and is very pleased with the results.
His own team installed the Rediwall walling system, working in collaboration with the AFS technical consultants.
‘We provide value throughout, including all the details,” he explains. “In homes like this, everything has to be just right.”
Contemporary in design with detailed finishes throughout, the exterior of the new house will be rendered with waterproofing; on the inside, battens will be attached to the Rediwall structure. This will be finished with insulation and plaster to create a smooth, modern surface.
The three-level home is set within a natural park’s steep incline and includes a huge basement, with a panoramic view through a floating infinity pool, also constructed using AFS Rediwall. The basement has been designated as a home cinema, so good acoustics are particularly important, another characteristic of concrete systems.
Underfloor heating throughout will help to counterbalance the effects of any chilly Melbourne nights.
“It is a very efficient form of heating,” says Peretz, “and AFS makes installation easy.”
Partnering with AFS Rediwall has given the company and the project recognition and achievement.
“A quality build attracts quality clients,” Peretz adds. “From start to finish we focus on the end result.”
About AFS Rediwall
AFS Rediwall is a versatile lightweight permanent formwork system that’s quick and easy to install. AFS Rediwall is proudly Australian-made and owned, has AS3600 Concrete Structures compliance, meets the requirements of the NCC, and is CodeMark certified.
- Is at least two times faster to install than traditional blockwork
- Requires almost no machinery-aided installation
- The panels are lighter than blockwork or timber, so are easy to handle
- Components snap or slide together for hassle-free installation
- Has dedicated after-sales services, providing free onsite training and support
- Includes a comprehensive range of profiles to maximise floor space and minimise concrete
- Has an internal webbing design that allows easier location of reinforcement bars and for better concrete flow during core filling
- Includes a semi-gloss high-quality pre-finish so you can have a smooth clean finished surface, or allows for other finishes to be applied such as rendering
- Needs fewer trades for installation and creates less mess on site, helping to minimise workplace health and safety risks